- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.fBBcEurs.dpuf Casa de Sion: families

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

families








I have chosen as my theme for this blog families. Because that is what it is all about. Whether you are a "normal" family with bio children or a large multi-generational and transracial family like mine or a put together family like our orphanage children, we all want love and a sense of belonging.
The first picture is of two of my daughters, Scotia and Emmie. I am lucky enough to have 11 daughters ranging in age from 4 to 32. Did I mention I have 7 sons, ages 42 to 8. I started young. The next is of my daughter Erin's children, my grandchildren. Erin helps us with our projects in Guatemala and last year this time she and Katie [ the little blond ] started our elementary school children's lunch and tutorial program. Mark , her husband, kept Addie and Marcus, the twins.
The next pictures are of Brenda and her family and her home. Brenda was one of our children at the orphanage. She is now 14 and we have a person on this group, Bill T. I am talking about you, who is providing the funding for her to go to school. Her teacher is a friend of Pedro's and tells him she is doing well and making good grades. Brenda is living back with her mom, her older brother and two younger sisters. The mom has no income and they are very poor. There is a picture of her home. The mom is in the picture with the pink tank top. She has a large growth on her arm [ you can see it in the picture]. She needed treatment but can't afford it. The other day she passed out on the floor wile trying to cook and Brenda called Pedro hysterical. Pedro had someone come get her and take her to the hospital. We agreed to pay the expense. She has been treated and is now home. Anyone who would like to contribute to this woman's medical bills as she needs more treatments or to the other two children's school scholarships, let me know as we need more help to be able to help this family.

No comments: